Get Lost in Rucking
Rucking – S2:E4
Get lost in the endurance sport of Rucking by explaining how it works, what gear you need, and where you can go to get lost racing it.
What the heck is Rucking?
Rucking is simple.
To Ruck, all you need to do is put a little weight on your back and go for walk.
That is rucking.
Too simple, right?
Well, don’t overthink it.
Rucking is something very special when it comes to endurance sports.
My first experience with rucking was very personal.
The group I rucked with were all veterans from every branch of the US Military.
As a US Navy Vet myself, this was a familiar group of guys and gals.
The goal was simple: ruck for 4-miles around town.
Only before we started, we stretched out together, said a quick prayer, and then someone hoisted up an American Flag on a pole.
As a group, we started rucking — almost in a formation — with the Stars and Stripes leading the way.
It was very emotional — especially as a Vet that has been out of the military for a while.
It was a chance to associate with other Vets with similar backgrounds for a few moments.
Rucking is more than just walking with weight on your back.
Rucking is a community that just so happens to have a good endurance activity connected to it.
If you’re looking for a community that will accept you — veteran or not — so long as you wear some weight on your back — then rucking is for you.
And that is the endurance sport of Rucking.
Time to go find some friends and do some hard things when them!
Veteran Crisis Line
If you are a Veteran in emotional crisis, or know of a Veteran in emotional crisis, you or their loved ones can call the free and confidential Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to connect with a caring, qualified VA responder who can deal with any immediate crisis.
- GORUCK.com – What is Rucking
- GORUCK.com – How to Ruck
- Rucking: The simple fitness technique that will change your weight loss routine (for good)
- The Fitness Trend Men Everywhere Can’t Get Enough Of
- The Art of Manliness – Podcast #314: Building Better Citizens Through Rucking
- Cardio for the Man Who Hates Cardio: The Benefits of Rucking
- VIDEO: Rucking Gear Tips
- Remembering 22 Rucking Event
- VA Releases Veteran Suicide Statistics by State
- Veteran Crisis Line
- Mission 22
Until then, I hope you Get Lost Racing!
Other GLR Episodes You Might Enjoy:
- GLR S2:E2: Get Lost in Peakbagging
- GLR S1:E10: Get Lost in Ultrarunning
- GLR S1:E2: Get Lost in Trail Running
Outdoor Reckoneering Links
What Do You Think?I want to know what you think about my podcast! Please leave me feedback by doing the following:
- Go to the Get Lost Racing Podcast iTunes page.
- Click View in iTunes under the show artwork.
- Submit a review and give it a 5-star rating!
Thank You for Listening
Thank you so much for listening to Get Lost Racing Podcast. If you have questions or comments, please reach out to me @MerchantsofDirt on Twitter, by Email, or my Contact Form. If you would like to support the show, please visit me on Patreon.